Discussion about new atheism.

मयुर

Discussion about new atheism.

Postby मयुर » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Some good points here about new atheism.
Also, great idea of discussing and posting online. Can we do something like this?
https://youtu.be/-mRPZ_O9bUU
gaurav42

Re: Discussion about new atheism.

Postby gaurav42 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:26 pm

Nice discussion. It raised the point of scientism which was also raised by the first speaker in this year's atheist meet. Also, I agree with the chief speaker's concern about the human emotions or humanity. It is important to consider emotions if atheism is to appeal larger group. Rationalism is the first step, but aggressive rationalism takes emotions out of consideration. I feel, unfortunately, emotions are the only things which separate us from robots. So they deserve a due place.
मयुर

Postby मयुर » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Yes I conceded that emotions point to him but "human beings are great ... can't exactly say why or how .. it's hard to say why .. humans are great" was bullshit. He is very angry at new atheists for saying humans are just more evolved animals and feels they are certainly much more but he can't prove that or even say it in words. utterly idiotic. And his whole argument is based on that non-thing.
vinayak8400

Postby vinayak8400 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:39 am

Its very good that thr peoples are thinking about atheism and concepts other than God . It was said that the peoples of maharashtra are much god believing but this site and peoples like us are micj more in quantity....

Return to “Discussions”